Can foreigner drive in Thailand?
If you are not a resident (you are on a tourist visa or exemption of visa), you need an international driving permit (IDP) to be able to drive in Thailand. An international driving permit (IDP) can be obtained in your home country. …
How do I get an international driver’s license in Thailand?
If you do not have a Thai drivers license, you cannot apply for an International Drivers license in Thailand. You need to get it from the country your license was issued. Only the Department of Land Transport can issue the International Drivers License – no private business can do this.
Can a tourist get a driver’s license in Thailand?
Can I get a Thai driving license on a Tourist Visa? The answer is yes. Regardless of what you read in forums, you can, and it is allowed. I did it when I was a tourist, and I asked in person at the Department of Land Transport.
Can you drive a car in Thailand with US license?
Driving in Thailand can be done by tourists as long as you hold a valid driver’s license in English from your country of origin or a valid International driver’s license. In Thailand, vehicles drive to the left hand side of the road and speed limits are expressed in kilometres per hour.
Do I need international license to drive in Thailand?
If you would like to drive, either vehicle or motorcycle, while visiting Thailand, you are required by law to hold an international driving license. When asked for, you need to show your international driving license along with your passport and national driving license.
How can I legally drive in Thailand?
To drive a car in Thailand, you must be 18. If you plan to rent a car, you’ll need to be at least 21, though the minimum age varies by company; you will also need to have had a driver’s license for a minimum of a year and carry your passport with you.
How do I apply for an international driving Licence?
Steps to get International Driving License (IDP):
- Submit your documents online.
- Pay Drivekool service charge online.
- Visit RTO and meet Drivekool executive.
- Complete your International Driving Permit (IDP) process by giving biometric test in RTO.
- Get your Driving license within 1-3 working days via post.
Can I get international drivers license online?
How to Obtain an International Driving Permit Online. To obtain an international drivers license online you will need to complete an application, provide two passport photos, and submit a payment for the license, which is typically $20.
How do you obtain an international driver’s license?
How to apply
- Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
- Ensure that your state is selected.
- Select ‘Start IDP online application’.
- Fill in the required details, upload the necessary documentation, and make your payment.
- Your IDP will be posted to you, and arrive within 5 to 7 working days.
What do I need to get a Thai driving Licence?
Requirements to Apply for a Thailand Driving License
- Medical Certificate. You can get this at just about any hospital or clinic. …
- Residence Certificate or Work Permit. …
- Passport. …
- Valid Driving License or International Driving Permit. …
- Thailand Driving License Application Form.