Where can I buy good Mao Shan Wang durian in Singapore?
Top durian places to find the best Mao Shan Wang
- House of Durian – Toa Payoh. …
- Fruit Monkeys – Farrer Park. …
- Durian Mpire by 717 Trading – Serangoon Road. …
- Ah Seng Durian – Ghim Moh & Alexandra. …
- Lele Durian Singapore – Ghim Moh. …
- The Durian Tree – Bukit Batok. …
- Ah Huang D24 Sultan Durian – Sims Avenue.
What is the best kind of durian?
The Musang King variety is said to be the richest and best tasting durian to ever be bred. It’s rich and creamy, with a strong bittersweet taste that has many layers of taste. Due to its reputation as the ‘crème de la crème’ of durians, Musang Kings often fetch a high price in the consumer market.
Is Black Gold durian better than MSW?
Black Gold is a durian breed that’s a few grades higher than the popular Mao Shan Wang. Similar to MSW but It has a more distinctive silky texture and an intense buttery, bitter aftertaste.
How can you tell Mao Shan Wang is real?
Tips on identifying Mao Shan Wang
- Mao Shan Wang has a distinct five-line star-like pattern at the base.
- Mao Shan Wang durian thorns are not densely packed, the shape of the thorns resembles a pyramid and appears more three-dimensional.
- Mao Shan Wang can have big seeds, not long and thin all the time.
How do I pick a durian?
“To choose a durian, pick a fruit which is comparatively light and whose stem appears big and solid. When shaking a good durian, the seed should move. Maturity is indicated when the middle of the fruit exudes a strong, but not sour smell.