What items Cannot be shipped to Thailand?
Thailand Prohibited and Restricted Items
- Arsenic/Phosphorus sulfides.
- Baraku, Shisha, Hookah (water pipe)
- Beef, products from beef.
- Chemicals, Haz and Non-Haz.
- Communications equipment.
- Compact discs.
- Computer software.
- Cosmetics, Haz and Non-Haz.
Can you import food to Thailand?
To import foods for sale into Thailand, the importer is required to obtain either an import license from the FDA under the Food Act, or an import license from the Ministry of Commerce (“MOC”) under the Export and Import of Goods Act BE 2522 (AD 1979), depending on the types of products.
Can I send chocolates to Thailand?
So items such as cheeses and fruits are out of the question. Additionally, items such as cakes or chocolates are also tough to send as they are likely to melt in a hot weather or shipping depots in Thailand that are not always air conditioned.
Can I send honey to Thailand?
The department understands that Thai authorities would classify honey, honeycomb and royal jelly exported to Thailand as ‘cooked food‘. Under the Act, establishments producing high risk cooked foods are also required to be audited by Thailand’s Department of Livestock Development (DLD).
What are the prohibited goods?
- Narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances.
- Pornographic and obscene material.
- Counterfeit and pirated goods and goods infringing any of the legally enforceable intellectual property rights.
How can I import to Thailand?
For businesses keen to import into Thailand, here’s how to get started:
- Register with the Thai customs directly online or engage a freight forwarder. …
- Check on import permit requirements and classification of goods. …
- Prepare and submit mandatory documents. …
- Calculation and payment of all duties and taxes applicable.
Can you send seeds to Thailand?
Thailand, like the USA, requires an import permit to bring live plants or seeds into the country. The permits are not that hard to get, but it is something you have to do beforehand, so won’t be of use for your upcoming trip back to Thailand.
How do I get FDA approval in Thailand?
Importing controlled food products into Thailand requires registration with the Thai FDA and labels must be fully translated into the Thai language. The food must be analyzed, including the details of processing and the ingredients to meet Thai FDA standards; a separate manufacturing license must also be approved.
What do you have to declare at customs Thailand?
Personal belongings in reasonable quantity, which are worth no more than 20,000 baht in total and are not prohibited or restricted goods or food. No more than 200 cigarettes or 250g of tobacco or 250g of all types combined. No more than 1 litre of alcoholic beverage.
What is the best way to send a package to Thailand?
Top-rated courier services to Thailand
- DHL eCommerce – This service offers the cheapest way to ship to Thailand from the USA, with a delivery time* of 11 to 22 business days. …
- International Drop Off – This Parcel Monkey service offers fully tracked delivery to Thailand in 2-5 business days at an affordable price.
How much does it cost to send package to Thailand?
Calculating Shipping Costs to Thailand
|Priority Mail||6–10 days||$45.75|
|Medium Flat Rate||6–10 days||$67.95|
|First Class||10–14 days||$22.25|
|FedEx International Economy||8 days||$122.73|