What is your favorite food in Indonesia?
Recognized as Indonesia’s all time favorite dish, Nasi Goreng or Fried rice is a meal that can be taken any time; for breakfast, lunch or even dinner.
How do Indonesians eat food?
People eat either with their right hand or with a spoon and fork. Some of the intense flavour in Indonesian food comes from very sweet and sour ingredients – such as the thick sweet soy sauce called kecap manis, which is used in countless dishes.
What is an Indonesian snack?
In Indonesian, snacks are called kudapan, makanan kecil (lit. “small food”) or makanan ringan (lit. “light food”). They might taste savoury or sweet, snack foods are a significant aspect of Indonesian cuisine which is very diverse.
What are some interesting facts that you know about Indonesian food?
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Indonesian Cuisine
- ‘Indonesian cuisine’ is an oversimplification.
- It’s not a real meal without rice.
- Indonesian cuisine is influenced by Chinese cooking.
- Indonesia and halal food.
- Everything tastes better with sambal and krupuk.
- Indonesians love their spices.
- Eating is better together.