Are you allowed to wear shorts in Malaysia?
Malaysia is a multicultural country; however, its majority is Muslim. As such, clothing items such as short skirts and singlets should be avoided.
Is there a dress code in Malaysia?
Malaysia is hot and humid, so you need to dress comfortably. … There is no specific dress code for visitors in the capital, Kuala Lumpur. You’ll see Malaysian women wearing a scarf or veil over their hair, some wearing loose clothing that covers them entirely, as well as women in shorter skirts, fitted tops and heels.
Is Kuala Lumpur safe for females?
Malaysia/Kuala Lumpur is a generally safe place for women traveling alone. However, do practise common sense like you would do at home and understand that Malaysia is a country with majority of Muslims. Here are some tips for ladies travelling alone: 1.
What should a tourist wear in Kuala Lumpur?
While it is preferable to wear pants in Kuala Lumpur, it is fine to wear skirts and shorts. Just don’t wear “short shorts” or mini skirts. Mid-thigh shorts and skirts are generally sufficient. The worst thing that could happen is that you will a few looks from the locals.
What should I pack for Malaysia?
What to Wear in Malaysia: A Southeast Asia Packing List
- Malaysia Monsoon Packing List. …
- Carry On Backpack (35L or Less) …
- Collapsible Water Bottle. …
- Slip on Shoes. …
- Lightweight Pants. …
- Merino Wool T-Shirts. …
- Bug Spray and Sunscreen. …
- Long Sleeve Shirt or Light Layer.
Can you wear revealing clothes in Malaysia?
Malaysia Style Tips
It is hot and humid so we suggest that lightweight clothes in natural fibers (linen, silk or cotton) will be most comfortable. … T-shirts and shorts are perfectly acceptable, but avoid skimpy or revealing clothes or you will get unwanted attention.
What are some norms in Malaysia?
Malaysian cultural customs
- In Malaysia, there are three major ethnic groups; Malays, Indians, and Chinese.
- Handshakes are appropriate only amongst men; only use your right hand.
- Women should greet men with a nod and smile; while greeting women, men may bow while placing their hand on their heart.
How can I be polite in Malaysia?
Meeting and Greeting
- Shake hands with men at business meetings and social events. Shake hands again when leaving.
- Nod or give a slight bow when greeting a woman or an older person. Introduce higher ranking people or older people first. …
- Western women should greet Malay men with a nod of their head and a smile.