How many ministry are there in Singapore?
The Singapore Public Service employs about 153,000 public officers working in 16 Ministries and more than 50 Statutory Boards.
What are the different ministries in Singapore?
- Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) 1.1 Committees/Councils. …
- Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) …
- Ministry of Education (MOE) …
- Ministry of Finance (MOF) …
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) …
- Ministry of Health (MOH) …
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) …
- Ministry of Communications and Information (MCI)
How many government agencies are there?
The United States Government Manual lists 96 independent executive units and 220 components of the executive departments. An even more inclusive listing comes from USA.gov, which lists 137 independent executive agencies and 268 units in the Cabinet.
How many agencies are there in Singapore?
There are 145,000 public officers within the Singapore Public Service, which includes all 16 ministries and more than 60 statutory boards. Within the Public Service is the Civil Service, which comprise about 85,000 officers in the ministries.
What are the stat boards in Singapore?
Current statutory boards
- Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
- Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR)
- Board of Architects (BOA)
- Building and Construction Authority (BCA)
- Casino Regulatory Authority of Singapore (CRA)
- Central Provident Fund Board (CPF)
Is NLB a statutory board?
The National Library Board (NLB) is a statutory board established under the National Library Board Act (Chapter 197) (NLB Act). … The functions of the NLB include the following: to establish libraries and to promote reading and encourage learning through the use of libraries.
What’s the difference between minister and minister of state?
India: A Minister of State is a junior minister in the Council of Ministers in the Union Government who may assist a cabinet minister or have independent charge of a ministry. … He himself is in charge of his ministry, unlike Minister of State who is also a Minister but assists a cabinet minister.
What is MX scheme?
The “MX” stands for “Management Executive Scheme.” This is the track that most degree holders can expect to be on. In theory, the Civil Service pay scale is pegged to private sector rates.