What is the prevention of dengue?
Use insect repellent, wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants, and control mosquitoes inside and outside your home. Each year, an estimated 400 million people are infected with dengue virus.
How can we stop mosquito breeding in Singapore?
The 5 steps are:
- Change water in vases/bowls on alternate days.
- Turn over all water storage containers.
- Remove water from flower pot plates on alternate days.
- Cover bamboo pole holders when not in use.
- Clear blockages and put BTI insecticide in roof gutters monthly.
Can mosquito repellent prevent dengue?
We can use natural mosquito repellents, especially during the rainy season, that can help to prevent dengue. We must try wearing fully-covered clothes and also avoid going to damp places where mosquitoes and insects breed.
How can we prevent dengue in our community?
10 Tips to Avoid Dengue at Home
- Cover and clean water containers on a regular basis. …
- Keep your house clean and tidy. …
- Wear protective clothing like long sleeves and pants inside and outside the house most especially if you know that there is a dengue outbreak in your area.
How can dengue mosquito be prevented naturally?
Natural mosquito repellents that can prevent dengue
- Citronella. One of the most popular mosquito repellents is citronella. …
- Peppermint oil. Using peppermint oil is another popular natural mosquito repellent. …
- Thyme oil. Thyme oil can be effect for short duration to prevent mosquito bites and dengue. …
- Neem oil. …
- Clove oil.