What to do if you encounter a snake?
If you discover a snake in your house, act as soon as possible, for both the snake’s and your peace of mind:
- Remain calm and avoid disturbing the snake or driving her into hiding.
- If possible, carefully open a nearby door and use a broom to gently herd the snake outside.
What would you do if you see or notice a snake around you?
Stand still, change direction or walk away from the animal and it will disappear into bushes or a hole in the ground. If it looks like it is moving towards you stamp the ground to create ground vibrations. This should be enough to drive it away.
How do I get rid of snakes in Singapore?
5 Ways to Keep Snakes out of Your Home
- Keep the rodents away. Rats are one of the major food sources for snakes, so make sure you don’t have any in your home garden. …
- Keep grass short and trimmed. …
- Seal up cracks. …
- Place fitting fences or walls around your residential as a deterrent. …
- Remove clutter in your yard or garden.
How do you scare a snake away?
The best method to scare them is to make fast movements. A lot of times, just chasing the snake away works very well. Another thing to try is to stomp hard on the ground. The snake will not hear the noise, but it will get scared off by the vibrations the stomping makes.
How do you get a snake off you?
Force the snake’s mouth open and concentrate on getting the top jaw away from your skin – snake venom comes from fangs in the top of the jaw. Remember, with deadly snakes you have very little time. You don’t have time to go find hot water or tequila, just get it off you immediately.
What should you not do if you see a snake?
What to do if you see a snake on a trail: what not to do
- Do not allow a snakebite victim to become overexerted. …
- Do not apply a tourniquet.
- Do not apply ice or cold compresses to the bite.
- Do not cut into a snake bite with a knife or razor.
- Do not try to suck out the venom by mouth.
What to do if you see a snake in Singapore?
What to Do if You Spot a Snake?
- Police: 999 (if the snake is a threat to public safety)
- Ambulance: 995 (if someone is bitten)
- Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority (AVA): (1800) 476 1600.
- Animal Concerns Research and Education Society (ACRES) Wildlife Rescue Hotline: (+65) 9783 7782.
How would you react to a snake’s presence?
If you discover a snake, do not approach it closely. If you step on a snake or are very close to a Puff adder then move away quickly. If the snake is only about a meter away, freeze at first and see the snakes reaction – it will likely look for an escape route. If it is cornered, back away slowly.
How do you keep snakes away from your house in Singapore?
Deter Snakes from Entering Your Property
- Trim grass regularly to keep it short.
- Keep wood, rock and debris from piling up.
- Seal holes that snakes can hide in such as under the sheds, decks and walls.
- Place fitting fences or walls around ponds as a deterrent.