Which states are in West Malaysia?
The West Coast states (from north to south) are:
- Perlis — Malaysia’s smallest state.
- Kedah — the rice paddy (padi) state, also contains Langkawi island.
- Penang — popular resort island, with the charming capital George Town.
- Perak — once rich in tin.
- Selangor — Malaysia’s most populous and developed state.
What are the 13 states of Malaysia?
Johor, Kedah, Kelantan, Pahang, Perak, Selangor, and Terengganu have sultans, while Perlis has a raja (“king”), and Negeri Sembilan is ruled by the Yang di-Pertuan Besar (“chief ruler”).
Is Selangor West or East Malaysia?
miles) and contains 11 of Malaysia’s 13 states: Kedah, Perlis, Penang, and Perak are in the northwest; Kelantan and Terengganu are in the northeast; Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, and Melaka are about midway down the peninsula on the western side; Pahang, along the east coast, sprawls inward to cover most of the central …
Which island is found off the east coast of Peninsular Malaysia?
Located off the coast of East Malaysia on Borneo and sandwiched between the states of Sarawak and Sabah, Labuan is one of three Federal Territories (the others are Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya).