When serving a cheese platter the portion size per person is?
If you’re serving the cheese as a hors d’oeuvre, plan on 1 to 2 ounces of each cheese per person. If you’re serving the cheese as an after-dinner cheese course, figure 1 to 1 1/2 ounces of each cheese per person.
What kind of cheese should I put on a charcuterie board?
Here are the best cheeses for your charcuterie board
- Hard cheese: chunks of parmesan, aged gouda, asiago.
- Firm cheese: gruyere, comte, manchego, colby, cheddar.
- Semi-soft cheese: havarti, butterkäse, muenster.
- Soft cheese: burrata, mascarpone, stracchino.
- Blue cheese: gorgonzola, dunbarton blue, marbled blue jack.