Do you need a license to fish in Singapore?
Anglers are required to pay for a rod licence and fishing permit, and submit a catch return application to tell authorities what they release. Dr Jeffrey Low, a senior manager at NParks’ coastal and marine branch of the National Biodiversity Centre, said “you need to be very precise with legislation and regulations”.
Can we fish at Punggol Waterfront?
1. Punggol Point Jetty. Just next to Coney Island, Punggol Point Park is home to a jetty that looks out on Pulau Ubin and the Johor Straits. The promenade is a picturesque waterfront hangout where anglers can catch snapper, barramundi, rays and more.
Where can I catch freshwater fish in Singapore?
Freshwater Fishing in Singapore [Map]
- Bedok Reservoir Fishing Ground.
- MacRitchie Reservoir Fishing Ground.
- Kranji Reservoir Fishing Ground.
- Lower Peirce Reservoir Fishing Ground.
- Lower Seletar Reservoir Fishing Ground.
- Upper Seletar Reservoir Fishing Ground.
- Serangoon Reservoir Fishing Ground.
- Jurong Lake Fishing Ground.
Is it legal to fish in Singapore?
Fishing is allowed in the waters around Singapore, except in “No Take” zones, such as the Sisters’ Islands Marine Park, where fishing in any form is not allowed.
Why is fishing illegal in Singapore?
Fishing in non-designated areas is dangerous and pose safety risks to pedestrians and reservoir users. There are designated fishing areas at our reservoirs and waterways and we urge members of the public to be socially responsible and abide by the rules for the safety of all park users.
Is it legal to fish at Kallang River?
“The areas shown in the photographs, Kallang River near Kallang Bahru, are no-fishing areas. Members of the public are also not allowed to enter canals at all times for their own safety. “Those caught fishing illegally or entering the waterways without prior approval may be fined up to $3000.
Is fishing allowed in phase 2?
Anglers in a Phase Two state will be allowed to travel within their state, and fish between 6am and 10pm. … For Muslims, restrictions to grave visits will be determined by state religious authorities, while non-Muslims will need to adhere to regulations set by the National Unity Ministry.
Is fishing allowed in Coney Island?
Fishing is not allowed.