Do you need degree to teach English in Thailand?
Bachelor’s degrees are required to teach English in many countries, including Thailand — it helps schools know that you’re qualified. Also, if you want to teach at the university level in Thailand, a master’s degree will be required.
What are the requirements to teach English in Thailand?
Requirements for Teaching English in Thailand
- A four-year diploma in any major (bachelor’s degree or higher)
- To be a native English speaker (NES) OR a non-native English speaker (NNES) with a TOEIC score of 600+ or IELTS score of 5+
- To pass a police background check in your home country.
- To pass a simple health check.
Can I teach in Thailand with TEFL?
To teach English in Thailand, most teachers will require native proficiency and a bachelor’s degree. TEFL certification is not always required. The average salary for teaching in Thailand is $800 – $3,500 per month.
How much does a TEFL teacher earn in Thailand?
Conservatively, a typical first-time English teacher in Thailand can expect to make 30,000 – 35,000 Thai Baht (approximately $850 – $1000 USD) and many are able to make more.
Can I get a job in Thailand without a degree?
There are a lot of those in Thailand trust me. Although the official line is ‘no you can’t get a work permit without a degree‘ there are plenty of examples of agencies managing to get one for their teaching staff and in some cases, teachers at government schools out in the sticks have had no problem at all.
What are the requirements to become professional teachers in Thailand?
All teachers in Thailand must have a BA degree and a teaching license. 2. Those without a teaching license are required to take a 20-hour Thai culture course, a one year teaching training course, and the teacher must pass four exams.
Can non native English speakers teach in Thailand?
The short answer is: absolutely! You CAN teach English in Thailand as a ‘non-native speaker’.
How do you get certified to teach English as a foreign language?
8 Steps to Getting TEFL Certified
- Decide if you’re “in” or not. …
- Review your qualifications. …
- Get educated on what getting TEFL certified means. …
- Start shopping for TEFL certification courses. …
- Talk to at least 3-5 different TEFL certification providers. …
- Do your last minute sleuthing, then pick a TEFL program and apply.
How do I get a teaching job in Thailand?
How to Find a Teaching Job in Thailand
- Check all Sources. There are several websites dedicated to finding ESL jobs all over the world, as well as www.ajarn.com, which specifically lists teaching jobs in Thailand. …
- Dress Smartly for Interviews. …
- Be Punctual. …
- Prepare a Sample Lesson. …
- Sell Yourself. …
How much do English teachers make in Thailand?
An ESL teacher salary in Thailand is typically between 30-40,000 Thai Baht per month (around $1,000), however some schools may start lower.
Is it illegal to teach in Thailand without a degree?
The short answer is yes, you can teach in Thailand without a degree. Over the years I have met numerous teachers, many who have been teaching for 10, 15 and even 20 years in Thailand without a degree. And they have no trouble staying employed.
How much do Thai teachers get paid?
Although you can live relatively well in most small Thai towns on that, if you don’t expect to save. In Bangkok, however, the minimum salary you should be looking for is 35,000 to 40,000, which is the average western teachers in Bangkok make.