Which states are in West Malaysia?
The West Coast states (from north to south) are:
- Perlis — Malaysia’s smallest state.
- Kedah — the rice paddy (padi) state, also contains Langkawi island.
- Penang — popular resort island, with the charming capital George Town.
- Perak — once rich in tin.
- Selangor — Malaysia’s most populous and developed state.
What state is the same size as Malaysia?
California is approximately 403,882 sq km, while Malaysia is approximately 329,847 sq km, making Malaysia 81.67% the size of California. Meanwhile, the population of California is ~37.3 million people (4.6 million fewer people live in Malaysia).
Is Penang East or West Malaysia?
Penang is a Malaysian state located on the northwest coast of Peninsular Malaysia, by the Malacca Strait. It has two parts: Penang Island, where the capital city, George Town, is located, and Seberang Perai on the Malay Peninsula.
|Penang Pulau Pinang|
|Federation of Malaysia||16 September 1963|
Is Selangor and KL the same?
Located in the centre of Selangor state, Kuala Lumpur was a territory of Selangor State Government. In 1974, Kuala Lumpur was separated from Selangor to form the first Federal Territory governed directly by the Malaysian Federal Government.