How do you say Happy Songkran in Thai?
To wish someone a happy Songkran day, you can use the same pattern:
- Happy Songkran! สวัสดีวันสงกรานต์ sà-wàt-dee bpee mài.
- Happy Songkran! สุขสันต์วันสงกรานต์ sùk wan sŏng-graan.
What is the proper New Year greeting?
May God shower you and your family with love and happiness! Best wishes and seasons greeting for the New Year. Wishing you a blessed and prosperous New Year! May God bless you and your loved ones with prosperity, good health, and happiness in the New Year.
What can I say to wish someone a happy New Year?
“Here’s to a bright New Year and a fond farewell to the old; here’s to the things that are yet to come, and to the memories that we hold.” “May you have a prosperous New Year.” “Wishing you a happy, healthy New Year.” “May the New Year bless you with health, wealth, and happiness.”
How do you wish someone happy Songkran?
Expressions in Thai to celebrate Songkran
- Sawasdee pee maï thaï kha / krap. Happy thai new year !
- Suk san wan pee maï thaï kha / krap. Happy New Year’s day !
- Suk san wan Songkran kha / krap. Happy Songkran !
- Thiao haï sanook na kha / krap. Enjoy your holidays. …
- Len Songkran haï sanook na kha / krap. Enjoy playing Songkran !
How do you greet someone in Thai New Year?
How to wish a happy new year in Thai ?
- Sawasdee pee maï which means Happy New Year.
- Suk san wan pee maï which also means Happy New Year (literally happy day of the new year)
- For the countdown : 5,4,3,2,1 is haa (5), sii (4), sam (3), song (2) nueng (1) …
- Kho haï mee kwam suk to wish a lot of happiness.
Is Happy New Year a salutation?
If you want to wish someone well, the correct phrase is “Happy New Year!” (no ‘s’). This is because there’s only one new year at any given time, so “year” is singular. If you want to make new year plural or talk about more than one new year at a time, use “New Years” (no apostrophe).